Apply a stain well
The application of Exterior Glaze requires some precautions in order to obtain a good result and a lifespan to the extent of your expectations.
- Apply the product when the air and surface temperature is between 10ºC and 35ºC (50ºF and 95ºF).
- Shake well before use.
- Saturate all end grain, nail holes, cavities and cracks in wood.
- Apply generous coats.
- Maintain a wet rim to avoid fitting marks.
- Apply in the direction of the wood grain.
Things not to do ...
- Apply in full sun.
- Apply when the surface is warm to the touch.
- Apply when rain, dew or frost is present or expected within the next five hours.
- Apply if the moisture content of the wood is greater than 18%.
Checking the shade ...
It is always recommended to perform a color test by applying the recommended number of coats to a sample of wood that will be used in the project. This ensures that the desired shade is obtained.